Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ice Storm '09

Wow! What a wild week of weather! Northwest Arkansas was hit with a devastating ice storm on Monday afternoon. To be honest, I was actually excited about it on Monday because I wanted a couple days off of work, but I had no idea how bad it would be. We lost power on Tuesday morning and got it back on Wednesday night. Luckily, our friends Aaron and Kari Beth kept us company. They live right around the corner from us and lost power too. We played Yahtzee, drove around, and ate dinner at Applebees (I know it's nasty, but it was the only place open). They even let us borrow about 10 candles because we didn't hardly have any to light our dark house. I thought I was going to go nuts without power for those couple days!!! I shouldn't even be complaining because there are a lot of other people who went all week without it and some are still without power!







These are some trees in our back yard after/during the ice storm. We are so lucky nothing hit the house. The rest of the town is a huge mess. My sweet husband was out all day today with his friend cutting up fallen trees (for a small price). HAHA! His work ethic is one of the many things I admire about him. I definitely wouldn't want to work all weekend after working all week, but he doesn't mind. It must be a man thing.

No comments: