Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

What a busy weekend! It flew by and I think I was more exhausted at the end of this weekend than I was at the end of the work week!!! Even though I was extremely busy, we still had a great time.
Right when I got off work on Friday, I met Gary's sisters, nieces, and Mom at Different Strokes. I painted a doggie bowl for Tina....not sure how it will turn out, but we'll see. For some reason, I had the hardest time deciding what I wanted to paint and how I would paint it. Talk about STRESS!!!
I get to pick it up on Wednesday!!! After painting pottery, we went to eat at Mama Dean's. It's a tiny soul food restaurant deep in Fayetteville. It was DELICIOUS! I think I gained about 10 pounds that night.

On Saturday, we went to our niece's (Mackenzie) soccer game. It was so cute. I think it's hilarious when those coaches get so worked up over an eight year old's soccer game. There was the cutest little goalie named Debbie. She was eight years old and was working so hard. It was precious. She loved when we cheered for her. Gary also had the idea to bring Tina to the game. I was completely against the idea (if you know Tina, then you know why), but I finally gave in. She was actually really good. She just sat on my lap and sun bathed for most of the game.




After the soccer game, we had a crawfish boil. I'm not a big crawfish fan, but Gary and his family love them, so I went along with it. Our neice, Avery, loved playing with the crawfish before we cooked them. They are still alive right up until you boil them. At one point, Avery took one out of the ice chest and told it, "You've been a bad boy! I'm going to eat you!" It was hysterical. Here's a few pics of her taunting these poor creatures.


While the crawfish were having their date with death, I brought the girls in for a fun little cooking project. I saw this commercial on t.v., and it looked like a good idea. It was very fun, but extremely messy. We made rice crispy treats and formed them into egg shapes and then dipped them in melted chocolate. When the chocolate dried, the girls decorated them with icing. Avery preferred to suck the icing out of her dispenser and then decorate them. It was too funny.






Here's a few more pics of some of our delicous sugary treats from Easter.


Finally, on Easter Sunday, we went to church with my parents and Gary's parents at a new church we've been attending. We are so happy we've found this church. It just feels right. Overall, it was a great Easter weekend. We are truly blessed. Thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for our sins! I hope everyone had a very Hoppy Easter!

No comments: