Sunday, April 5, 2009

Free at Last!

Finally, I have finished my ESL project! FINALLY!!!!!!! You may be asking yourself, "What in the world is ESL?" Well, it stands for English as a Second Language, and I took a 2 week long course over the summer that ended up counting as 12 graduate school hours! I went Monday through Sunday from 8 in the morning until 8 at night for two weeks! It was hellacious (not sure if that's a real word), but I learned a lot. After that, we had to complete a humongous project in order to get the college credit. Can I just tell you what a pain that thing was? It ended up being about 60 pages long and I have been working on it about every weekend for the past few months. YUCK! But, I'm finally done! Praise the Lord!
Okay, so right now I'm watching Slumdog Millionaire for the first time. It's sooooo good, but it's really sad. It makes me want to fly to India and adopt a cute little kiddo from there. Every kid in this movie is adorable!!!
One last thing: I have to say congratulations to my friend Kari Beth for running her first 5K! You rock! I hope to be able to run for more than a mile someday! :)
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Ashley! I did the ESL thing too...except I spanned it out for a semester. Dr. Felicia Lincoln taught it @ the U of A. I actually learned alot, but it was a ridiculous amount of work!!! We had like 4 portfolios!!

Kari Beth said...

thanks for the shout out! and glad your done w/ that stupid esl project...that was taking up too much of "our" time!

ashley&gary said...

I agree on both comments! It took up way too much of "our" time, and it was a RIDICULOUS amount of work!!!