Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grandpa


We've had a rollercoaster of a week. On Wednesday, I had just gotten out of a faculty meeting and had five missed calls from my mom, dad, and cousin. Not a good sign. I quickly called my Dad back and he informed me that my Grandpa had a stroke and they were in the emergency room. SCARY! I rushed to the ER to find my cute little Grandpa so scared, confused, and not making any sense. He couldn't move his left arm and his speech was slurred. It. Was. Terrible. None of us knew why he had a stroke, and the next few days were a big waiting game. It turns out, he had gotten a bacterial infection in his heart valve and a piece of the valve broke off and caused him to have the stroke. Thankfully, he has gotten his speech back and can move his arm now. GOD IS GOOD! He's almost back to normal except he still can't move his left hand very well. Next week, we should find out how much damage has been done to his heart valve. I'm very thankful that he has recovered as much as he has, and I hope that there hasn't been too much damage done to his heart. Please keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

The Krile Daily News said...

I am so glad that your grandpa is doing better!! You and your family will be in my prayers!! Let me know how he is doing.